Please submit your blog article requests via this form.
Create your post in a Google document so that edits may be shared online.
Email email@example.com with questions, updates, and notifications.
- Include article objectives and time-sensitive dates in proposal and main document
- Include headline and imagery suggestions
- Break up large blocks of text with headings
- Links to specific businesses must be Network clients or partners
- Author bios can link to their LinkedIn page and/or their associated center
- Focus on actionable content for small businesses, including tips, events, etc.
Reposting policy: Authors may link to posts and posts excerpts of their articles with a link back to the publishing site. Reposting of the entire article is not permitted.
Content review policy: Most posts will take 2-4 business days for initial review. Editing process may take longer. Authors must notify center in advance of any time-specific content.
Network blog posts
Blogs will be posted on smallbizla.org and may be featured in Network newsletter and social media. Each blog post will include an author bio.
Objective: Provide SEO traffic for site. Provide general business advice and information to entire network and target audiences. Provide content for Network social media and newsletter to drive traffic to site. Inspire sharing at a Network, state, and global level.
Audience: Small businesses throughout Network (both potential and existing clients), Federal and state electeds, funders, other core audiences.
Publishing guidelines: Your submission may fall outside of Network’s content strategy and guidelines and may need to be adjusted to properly reflect the messaging and voice of the LA SBDC.
Network will work with author to develop concept if needed. Author may suggest imagery/photos, the Network will choose final photo and imagery. Network will draft headline.
Sample Topics for Network blog posts:
- Business tips and general business advice
- Templates, forms, etc. (must be submitted as a separate, downloadable document, not a link)
- Industry-specific tips
- Success stories
- Business news
- Must affect at least two centers’ service areas
- Network-wide business opportunities
- Federal or state-wide business news (taxes, regulations, etc.)
- Longer form is recommended
- 300 word minimum required (typically 500-700 words)
- Evergreen (not time-sensitive)
- Tone should be formal/professional … should reflect the tone of Network as a whole
Center blog posts
Blogs will be posted on center’s individual sites and may be featured in center newsletter and social media. Each blog post will include an author bio. Local is defined as a center’s service area.
Objective: Drive traffic to/promote local centers services and successes. Increase attendance at events. Provide local information on happenings at the center and on local businesses. Provide local content for center social media and newsletter. Inspire sharing at a local level.
Audience: Local small businesses (both potential and existing clients) and local core audiences, such as local elected officials, business leaders, etc.
Publishing guidelines: Notify center in advance when developing post, including any relevant dates for time-sensitive material. Work with the network to finalize text, imagery/photos and headlines. Local flyers and graphics can be used in post content, main images need to adhere to brand guidelines.
Sample Topics for Center blogs (local):
- Overviews of upcoming workshops/events
- Business profiles
- Local news
- Local happenings/business opportunities
- Awards (local hot spot lists, best-ofs, etc)
- Local business news
- City taxes, new parking meters, new business associations, etc.
- Minimum of 300 words recommended, though shorter is acceptable
- Can be time-sensitive or tied to a specific event
- Can be casual, informal … should reflect the tone of your center